We are a Vision Source clinic dedicated to the most excellent care available for our patients! Our comprehensive, dilated examination includes evaluation for such conditions as Glaucoma, Cataracts, Diabetic Eye Disease, and Macula Degeneration. Advanced technology in our clinic allows us to diagnose and treat eye infections, Dry Eyes, Glaucoma, and eye injuries. Early treatment is important in order to prevent complications! Our exam also includes evaluation to determine the best possible correction in your eyewear with an onsite dispensary. We are skilled in fitting you with the many types of contacts available today including toric lenses for Astigmatism and colored/bifocal contacts. The newest option in vision correction is available in our office--just ask about CRT. Our clinic provides Laser vision consultation, evaluations, and post-op care following your Laser vision correction. Minor surgical procedures are performed in our office, and we are involved in our Cataract patient's care from diagnosis and pre-op to the careful management of your post op care. We also provide industrial safety glasses of several of our local industries. The doctors are available for 24 hour emergency eyecare.
Remember that we have a Medical Credit Care Plan for our patients. Ask for information about 0% interest for a year for your glasses and contacts!
Both of our doctors participate in InfantSee. We provide a no charge eye exam to children under the age of one to help diagnose vision problems earlier. Please take advantage of this service to better care for our children!
Facilities and Equipment
New In Our Office:
- CRT: Corneal Refractive Therapy! This corneal molding process will eliminate contacts and glasses by gently and temporarily reshaping the cornea during sleeping hours. This procedure is safe and reversible--perfect for children, especially those involved in sports, and adults on the go!
- An ION digital imaging system will now allow us to evaluate and educate our patients better about your medical eye conditions. It will also allow us to document them more carefully for your insurance companies.
- OCT: Our office uses the most up-to-date technology in medical eye health evaluation. This instrument is called an OCT and measures healthy nerve fiber in the retina to tell the extent of damage from Glaucoma, Diabetes, Macula Degeneration, and other Retinal problems. The ultrasound waves of this ocular test are similar to having an MRI of the layers of the retina. Please look at the special technology page for more info!
- Topography: This is a computerized system to map the cornea (the clear front portion of your eye). This allows us to see changes in your eye from edema, contact lens over-wear, and diseases such as Keratoconus.
- Tear Osmolarity Testing is a special test we have for our dry eye patients to test the quantity and quality of your tears. This quick digital test is approved by the FDA to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of dry eye and ocular surface disease.
- Optos: Annual eye exams are vital to maintaining your vision and overall health. [Practice Name] offers the optomap Retinal Exam as an important part of our eye exams. The optomap Retinal Exam produces an image that is as unique as your fingerprint giving approximately 80% view of your retina (vs 30% traditional dilation).
- Maculogix AdaptX: As Macula Degeneration is one of the leading causes of blindness, we want to help you be proactive in your care! This testing allows us to detect macula degeneration before damage begins. If you have a family history, problems driving at night, or are currrently in treatment, this technology will keep us on top of any changes.
- BioD and ProKera treatments: New treatments by using amniotic membrane placed on a diseased corneal to promote healing in types of keratitis, chemical burns, high risk transplants, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, etc.
Types of Payment Accepted
We accept Cash, Personal Checks, AMEX, Master Card, Visa, Discover, and debit cards.
We participate with VSP, EyeMed, Spectera, Davis, Medicare, Medicaid, MetraComp Activ Network, United Healthcare, HealthChoice, BCBS of TN, Health Partners, Aetnea, and many more insurances. Be sure to update us with your new insurance cards/coverage at your next appointment. Check with our staff if you have other types of coverage.
EyeGlass Guide will help you better understand the many lens choices available to you. This on-line tool will guide you through a series of questions about you, your lifestyle and your specific eyewear needs. At the end, you'll receive eyewear suggestions specifically tailored to meet your needs. EyeGlass Guide is brought to you by Transitions.
View an instant demonstration of Transitions photochromic technology. See how lenses darken and fade back to clear to provide continual visual comfort and protection. Demonstrations brought to you by Transitions.